1. Based on the transport layer header shown in the diagram, which of the following statements describe the established session? (Choose two.)
• This contains a Telnet request.
• This is a TCP header.
2. With TCP/IP data encapsulation, which range of port numbers identifies all well-known applications?
• 0 to 1023
3. Why are port numbers included in the TCP header of a segment?
• to enable a receiving host to forward the data to the appropriate application
4. Which OSI model layer is responsible for regulating the flow of information from source to destination, reliably and accurately?
5. Refer to the exhibit. Host A is using FTP to download a large file from Server 1. During the download process, Server 1 does not receive an acknowledgment from Host A for several bytes of transferred data. What action will Server 1 take as a result?
• reach a timeout and resend the data that needs to be acknowledged
6. Why is flow control used for TCP data transfer?
• to prevent the receiver from being overwhelmed by incoming data
7. Which two options represent Layer 4 addressing? (Choose two.)
• identifies the communicating applications
• identifies multiple conversations between the hosts
8. Refer to the exhibit. In line 7 of this Wireshark capture, what TCP operation is being performed?
• session establishment
9. Refer to the exhibit. What two pieces of information can be determined from the output that is shown? (Choose two.)
• A termination request has been sent to 184.108.40.206.
• Communication with 220.127.116.11 is using HTTP Secure.
10. What is dynamically selected by the source host when forwarding data?
• source port
11. What are two features of the User Datagram Protocol (UDP)? (Choose two.)
• low overhead
12. What mechanism is used by TCP to provide flow control as segments travel from source to destination?
• window size
13. Which transport layer protocol provides low overhead and would be used for applications which do not require reliable data delivery?
14. Which information is found in both the TCP and UDP header information?
• source and destination
15. Which three features allow TCP to reliably and accurately track the transmission of data from source to destination?
• flow control
• session establishment
• numbering and sequencing
16. During a TCP communication session, if the packets arrive to the destination out of order, what will happen to the original message?
• The packets will be delivered and reassembled at the destination.
17. Which is an important characteristic of UDP?
• minimal delays in data delivery
18. After a web browser makes a request to a web server that is listening to the standard port, what will be the source port number in the TCP header of the response from the server?
19. Which event occurs during the transport layer three-way handshake?
• TCP initializes the sequence numbers for the sessions.